This is the second webinar of a four part webinar series that will highlight the use of MathWorks products for designing or updating a control system by using a digital motion control case study.
This particular webinar will concentrate on plant modeling for control design. MathWorks engineers will present several approaches for creating plant models in Simulink. Through product demonstrations they will show how you can create and refine plant models by:
• Using first-principles modeling
• Using experimental test data for system identification
• Importing existing CAD assemblies
• Using test data to estimate model parameters
The first webinar in this series introduced how you can use dynamic simulation to model, design and verify control systems before testing on hardware. The remaining two webinars will detail the aspects of designing the control system (part 3), and testing the control system through simulation and real-time testing (part 4).
Through this webinar series MathWorks engineers will demonstrate how you can:
• Catch errors early in the development process where they are easier and cheaper to fix.
• Troubleshoot existing design problems systematically and effectively, without tying up actual hardware systems
• Test more thoroughly, by starting before hardware is available and by simulating conditions that would be dangerous or costly to examine with real hardware
• Try different control strategies safely and quickly
This will help you reduce development time and costs, improve quality, and deliver systems with higher performance and efficiency.